Movies Watched, June 2017


I spent June rewatching all the good action movies aside of two Indonesian movies. The highlight of the month is definitely Kubo and the Two Strings. I can sing endless praise on how the movie made me feel. It's incredibly underrated but really lovely. June coincided with Ramadan so I didn't go out to the cinema and spent my evening at home instead. Anything for more time to wind down and relax at the confines of home.


June 1st to June 30th. Total: 16 movies



  1. Captain Fantastic (2016) - wasn't much of a letdown, but for Viggo to be nominated for Oscar? My hopes were too high
  2. Cold Comes the Night (2013)
  3. Kubo and the Two Strings* (2016) - perfectly beautiful. A must watch
  4. R.I.P.D. (2013)
  5. Ghost Rider (2007)
  6. Oz: The Great and Powerful (2013)
  7. Batman (1989) - the OG
  8. The Sorcerer’s Apprentice (2010)
  9. Superman Returns (2006)
  10. Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011)
  11. My Stupid Boss (2016)
  12. Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb (2014)
  13. Letters from Prague* (2016) - probably my all time fave Indonesian movie alongside The Raid
  14. Pacific Rim (2013)
  15. Ant-Man (2015)
  16. Jomblo (2006)

Movies marked with an asterisk were watched in cinema. For a full list please go ahead to my Letterboxd. Also, for a real-time update, hop on to my diary where I (might) wrote slightly longer review on the movie. Here's my list for January, February, March, April, and May.

Originally I want to post lengthy Half Year Movie Review but alas, the morning sun has been too gloomy to take photo of my stubs. But I promise it'll be up soon! 2017 been treating me well and I can't wait for more goodness in the upcoming month. In the other hand, I started July with Spider-Man: Homecoming and going to watch Dunkirk soon!

/

Anything you watched or looking forward to watch? I'm open to some new stuffs!

Post a Comment

Drop me a nice one (+ cupcakes. Pretty please?)

A Wordsmith.