A Study in Pink



October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. From statistics, one of eight woman in Indonesia suffered from the cancer. Being no strange to breast cancer, I encourage you to take a minute and do a self check. Only few minutes. And if you discovered something unusual, get a proper check. As early as it gets.

Love yourself.

Do you know ribbon for the breast cancer is pink? Although the color itself mostly tied with femininity, keep in mind that male can also suffer from breast cancer. To be honest, I never have that girly "all-pink phase" in my life.  I have a number of pink clothes and stuffs but it never really was my to-go color. I always that bold, primary color kind of girl. Red, blue, green, black. Growing up, I realized I don't look good in pink makeup either so I kind of steered away from it as a choice. But it never rendered me from having some, just to test which shade of pink suits my face well. Here are my collection.


Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Pink in the Afternoon


It was the first lipstick I bought with my first salary (did I do well, fam?). The SA offered me this shade once I told her I need an everyday lip for work. It's so pretty! I love the cool tone in which it brightens my face instantly. It does fall into sheer and somewhat gloss category so I need to layer up and blot to get the intensity I wanted. Really good. I no longer have it with me but it's a honorary mention.

Wet 'n Wild Megalast Lip Color in Bare It All


I didn't take photo of it because the logo have scrubbed off and it's super dirty. But it's such a lovely shade of MLBB pink! I have rather dark lips but this lipstick made me look like I have natural pink lip. It supposed to be nude, I know. But it just fell pink on me, not that I complain. I usually use it whenever I want to wear my Wet 'n Wild blush.

LASplash Lip Couture in Latte Confession


This shade is amazingly always sold out everywhere (for a good reason). So when one of my trusted online shop finally have it, I bit the bullet and buy. It's a lovely dusty pink which always get me compliment whenever I wear it. It dries out the lip and emphasizes your lip lines. The smell might icked some, though. Once it sets, it won't budge. Ever. It's also a bitch to remove. But I love to use it whenever I'm going to food-related event because I can eat everything without worrying whether my lipstick is still intact or not haha. Probably I should mention that it crumbles a little in the inner mouth but nothing like Colourpop's Ultra Matte.

NYX Butter Lipstick in Little Susie


After my Revlon ran out, I was looking for another daily, no-fuss pink lipstick. I saw Estee Lalonde's video and she was using this. I bought it in an instant. It's super buttery and soft. Described as "deep pink with yellow undertones" or "pigmented pinky red", which might be too bright for my liking. But it's perfect for lazy makeup days. Definitely worth a buy. I think it's discontinued.

Wet 'n Wild Color Icon Blush in Mellow Wine


This is the old packaging. I like the new one better because it has more product. It's a very flattering dusty pink and I think it suits every skin tone. Do apply with light hand, though. I learned it the hard way.

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Cannes


Girls in my office never seem to get enough of this color. Matte muted mauve, it says. Fell a bit dusty pink on me. The downside is that SMLC's pinks and nudes are incredibly less pigmented than the reds and vamps. My dark lips still peeked a bit underneath. Not really a dud, IMO, since it still looks okay on me.




/


Anything pinky you owned?

Post a Comment

Drop me a nice one (+ cupcakes. Pretty please?)

A Wordsmith.