We're in this Together


Photo by Jean Gerber. taken from Unsplash.com

I try to keep this blog politic-free, despite it's one of my favorite thing to discuss in the world (good luck guessing what number one is). But after what happened last Wednesday, I can't help but feel my heart sank. The election result unfolded in front of my eyes was the equivalent of someone taking all the puppies and kitties and replaced them with rows of horrible distorted pumpkin. My heart sank. I feel hopeless. A bunch of negative thoughts popped up in my head. And I'm not even American.

But you know what people say. America sneezes, and the rest of the world caught flu.

Along with change, sooner or later it will take effect. And it will effect everyone in the world, you, who read this, included. But you know what? Things aren't over. All of the good and more sane people is still here, still continue to fight. Still continue to make things right. And with other barriers being broken, rest assured we still have one hand on the wheel. Eventhough we couldn't control everything.

This is a quote that helped me getting through every dark days. Days where the negatives seem to take control. Days where nothing seem to go right. I hope you will find strength from this quote and continue to fight. “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, when one only remembers to turn on the light.”

It's easy to feel hopeful on a beautiful day like today, but there will be dark days ahead of us too. There will be days where you feel all alone, and that's when hope is needed most. No matter how buried it gets, or how lost you feel, you must promise me that you will hold on to hope. Keep it alive. We have to be greater than what we suffer. My wish for you is to become hope; people need that. And even if we fail, what better way is there to live? As we look around here today, at all of the people who helped make us who we are, I know it feels like we're saying goodbye, but we will carry a piece of each other into everything that we do next, to remind us of who we are, and of who we're meant to be.


Gwen Stacey, Amazing Spider-Man 2


Post a Comment

Drop me a nice one (+ cupcakes. Pretty please?)

A Wordsmith.