Tales From The Unspoken Times, Part One

Tales From The Unspoken Times, Part One - 「 A Wordsmith 」



Last week I was feeling nostalgic and decided to open this blog, only to find out my codotvu domain was expired and the old method of logging once a year doesn't work anymore (basically I have to pay some hefty amount for something I don't even use a lot). So I guess it's time to dust off the control panel and do some tweaking, also on Disqus comment, I migrated everything. Everything is back and running well again.


And now I miss blogging.


Like, yes, it's a monthly thought. But this time I feel the urge to write. Maybe would result in a mishmash of words but I am gonna put it out in this not-so-private room of mine.


Previously titled "Tales from the Pandemic" but I don't want to mess with the search in these trying times. So that's it. Basically just a recollection of moments and thoughts I had during 2020, the start of the pandemic, to this day.


I have posted some updates as of August 2020 and everything is basically still the same. The struggle to maintain a healthy work-rest balance, trying to stay sane and not to lose myself in the process, finding the effort to find some joys in the mundane. It's alright. Although I do feel like I have been crying more often because everything feels like driving me insane in this house. The situation during pre-vaccine announcement was rather a gloom. Every time I go out to buy essentials and withdraw some cash I have to be extra careful when most people couldn't be bothered to wear masks and come in big groups. The employee couldn't do a lot to shoo them out because the sales have been low it's great that someone is coming for a purchase or two. I endured and finished my business to practically bolt home.


I got my shot last month, the second dose too at the beginning of the month. So all is good.


Now get this. I am a very lazy person, who unfortunately became the first line of defense when it comes to cleaning up. It's such a chore to live with so much junk accumulated in a day in various dust, fallen hair, even tissues and droplets of water. It's a battle to constantly clean and sanitize the whole shit I often thought of burning down the house and building my own possession from scratch so that I can start with way less. (Knock on wood) I don't know... I think I am just living with memories? In form of stuff and junk that I don't even have ownership of or belong to me in the first place. The whole quarantine/lockdown/social distancing has birthed a new view I have on stuff and possession. I remember a saying along the lines of "Poor people can't afford cheap stuff". I felt it strongly for a year or so. Seeing stuff I have don't really hold up after a few months of use because I sacrificed the best with the available. Quite a reality check, I say.


For now, I don't know. I still have a ton of stuff I'd like to dump from my house. I have a strong urge to scrub the hell out of this space. It's not helping that it's been very hot for a couple of days it's unbearable to stay in. Added touch to the whole suffocation I have been having for the past weeks, months.


I hope you, who read this, have been well. Hang on there. I am trying too.

Post a Comment

Drop me a nice one (+ cupcakes. Pretty please?)

A Wordsmith.