Tales From The Unspoken Times, Part Two

Tales From The Unspoken Times, Part Two - 「 A Wordsmith 」


I have a long-life struggle with my body. Basically, I don't feel like I lived in the right body. I move and the limbs don't proceed the movement in the way I want them to. They just don't listen to me. Which almost always resulted in falling, bruise, woke up with splatters of blood across my tee because I unknowingly scratched myself during sleep. It's frustrating. One major accident I had in 2019 where I fell from the stairs and sprained my foot was the biggest WTF moment.


And yet I couldn't really figure out 5W+1H.


Along came the second major lockdown earlier this year. Somehow I had this urge to do things differently this time. I wondered... Workout sounds nice... Or is it?


Any form of physical activity still demotivates me to this day. I used to love playing basketball since I almost always had good three-point shots but now I barely do it once a year anymore. The thought of sweating equals suffering, and the mere thought of having to trade my rest time with a strenuous workout feels so... daunting. Not to mention I am lazy... Snorlax type of lazy... Please don't judge me.


Nevertheless, I tried. With the help of the Samsung Health App.


At first, it was just some stretching, once every three days. Once I felt it's doable I moved to a posture improvement workout, a seven times 10-minute workout in a week, since I felt I have been super slouching since WFH started. THAT WAS IT. The sweat from the workout feels so refreshing, so exhilarating. My shaking legs feel like they have been going through some major uphill track and are willing to brave another one. Everything feels so foreign yet so good it's empowering. I really had this endurance? It was an eye-opening moment. And let's not start on how it really improves my sleeping time.


Four cycles of workout later, I sat straight, I walked well, my pelvic corrected.


I was close to tears.


My body feels right. Feels like it's home and placed right where it belongs. I stretched my arms and felt like they went to the exact distance I calculated. I wore my clothes and stepped out of the home, feeling the fabric lay right where their cuts are supposed to. No more awkward, out-of-body experience anymore. I can feel myself fully present and wholly there, materialized correctly.


Should've done it sooner.


I'm back doing my workout after taking a long break post-vaccine. Nowadays my routine consists of morning stretching (this video is the one for those lazy people like me) and sometimes afternoon workout if my work isn't too busy. I am trying out all the workout in the app that requires no equipment. And I hope I could continue doing this for a long long time.


It's so nice to sweat the shit out of your body that doesn't have anything to do with the heat.

Post a Comment

Drop me a nice one (+ cupcakes. Pretty please?)

A Wordsmith.