Tales From The Unspoken Times, Part Three

Tales From The Unspoken Times, Part Three - 「 A Wordsmith 」
{ Photo by Sofía Moya on Unsplash }


Got yourself vaccinated yet?


At first, I was feeling so... apprehensive. Mind you, I am not an anti-vaxxer. But originally I thought it feels so band-aid-ish, akin to a placebo effect. Not to mention, what kind of vaccine you can develop in less than a year? Why are there so many types in the market? Why are those first batches suffered so many side effects? What would the side effect on me be? Would it be safe?


The driver that took me to the vaccination center joked that people are more afraid of the side effects rather than the vaccine itself. And honestly, I agree. Who could blame him for thinking such? Something foreign is injected inside of our body. COVID-19, despite how many lives it took, is invisible, and what you can't see can't hurt you. Sayings of our fathers and mothers. We are built on this. We operate on this. It's easier to ride on this notion rather than an explanation of long and hard-to-spell medical jargon, seemingly further than reach. The thing of the smart and educated ones.


Nevertheless, I go. The thought of finally going to places (okay, cinema) feeling a lot safer already got me giddy. It's a little sad that many people get vaccinated solely to earn that permit to enter malls. But I couldn't care less. The more people got vaccinated, the better, whatever their objective is. Surely the vaccination rate spiked. It's all right with the world. Moreover, people are tired. A long year of the pandemic with so much neglect from the government that keeps on policing the already helpless and turning a blind eye on the rich is just so frustrating. The vaccine is that one ticket to go out and experience the (new) normal. For me, for you, for everyone.


Go get yourself vaxxed. Let's be friends afterward.

Post a Comment

Drop me a nice one (+ cupcakes. Pretty please?)

A Wordsmith.