So I Used Up Some Stuff

Just a quick empties post since I realized this blog has been barren of anything in the beauty department. Earlier this year I finally bit the bullet and tried two of The Ordinary products: Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 and Lactic Acid 10% + HA. I also tried two products from a local brand named Avoskin which are Intensive Nourishing Eye Cream and Perfect Hydrating Treatment Essence (not pictured). After finished with them, here are my thoughts.


Avoskin Perfect Hydrating Treatment Essence


It was one of the well-hyped essences from a local brand since its release a little to two years ago. Seeing they had a promo of the mini size of it and the eye cream I felt like it was the time for me to give them a try. At first, it was pretty confusing since most of the reviews suggest I use this prior to hydrating toner because it's a prep essence. I did, but I didn't feel any effect — in fact, I felt my skin was even drier than usual. So I started to use it just in place of essence, after toner. It does feel more hydrating but not enough. My skin was unusually drier at the start of this year so maybe that also played a factor or two. It's a good essence but I definitely could use something more hydrating. Might have to revisit it sometime.
Repurchase? Maybe. (here)

Avoskin Intensive Nourishing Eye Cream


I felt like it was time for me to start adding an eye cream to my skincare routine no matter how skeptical I am. My panda eyes put any panda to shame! Nevertheless, I tried. I did feel my under eyes were more moist, which gave effect as if I slept eight hours or more the night before. It does do as its claim to reduce puffiness but nothing to tame my dark circles. If anything, it made me want to try more eye creams!
Repurchase? Maybe. (here)

The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5


After my stint with Avoskin essence ended, I felt adventurous and wanting to try something from The Ordinary. The timing is perfect since I've put it off for a while. The biggest problem was it sounded too chemist-y and a bit overwhelming. I found this (in Indonesian) and started to make the purchase accordingly. I did say I am impressed! And still is! It moistured my face well and still holds up well to mid-day if not more. My face felt a lot plumper, thus made me look more awake. My skin felt smoother, making makeup application glides easily. My only qualm was the price. It's 4/5 of CosRX essences but only has around 1/3 of it.
Repurchase? Yes.

The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10% + HA


My well-beloved CosRX AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid was running out and I think it's time to venture to another brand so I purchased it. I think it does its job well but my CosRX was better. The slight advantage it has was my face felt more hydrated after use. Both exfoliate my face well, yet due to the slight hydrating effect of The Ordinary's it always makes me feel less 'clean'. But I quite liked it.
Repurchase? Yes.


Currently, I am trying various brands, both local and Korean. Also more from The Ordinary! I had a major PMS breakout a while ago and still recovering so I tried several face masks too. Will keep you posted with my review once I finished with them all!

Any recent skincare product you used up?

Post a Comment

Drop me a nice one (+ cupcakes. Pretty please?)

A Wordsmith.